Construction on the next Conyers/Rockdale Habitat home is anticipated to begin in Fall of 2018. Although you are welcome to pick up an application and information letter, applications will be accepted for consideration beginning June 1, 2018. Applications received prior to that time will be filed and held for consideration after June 1, 2018.
The basic requirements for consideration are:
- Living conditions: poor heating, no indoor plumbing, leaking roof, unsafe or unsanitary, overcrowding (3 to a bedroom), lack of affordable housing.
- Minimum family income of $21,000.00 a year.
- Maximum family income of $42,000.00 a year.
- No bankruptcy in the last seven (7) years.
- With permission, review of employment and other income, satisfactory statements from current and past landlords, references, criminal background check, copy of recent credit report.
- Take part in a program to learn and practice budgeting, home repair and home maintenance.
- Two hundred (200) hours of "sweat equity" required per family during house construction.
- Have access to $1,500-$2,000 for down payment and closing costs. Funds must be deposited into an escrow account during the building process.
Sale price of the house includes property and building costs, without profit.
Monthly payments include principle, taxes and insurance with NO INTEREST.
Send your name, address, home phone number, family size and current living conditions to:
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF CONYERS/ROCKDALE, INC
P. O. BOX 183
Attention: Nurturing Committee
CONYERS, GA, 30012
APPLICATIONS, FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION, ARE AVAILABLE AT OUR SURPLUS STORE LOCATED IN THE ROCKDALE PLAZA SHOPPING CENTER, 1117 WEST AVENUE. 770-785-7675.